03 January 2006

A Peaceful New Year’s Eve

Last year, we welcomed the new year with a bang. Actually, plenty of it, considering all the firecrackers we lit.

This year, we went the peaceful route. Since this was our first New Year’s in the house, we declined an offer to join relatives for a celebration.

Instead, David and I spent it alone in our house. We had a nice home-cooked meal, sat by the fireplace, watched the ball drop on TV, and toasted with milk (mine) and chocolate milk (his) in wine glasses. We called family and friends to wish them well. Then we cuddled. In silence. Just our hushed voices and the crackling fire.

It was the perfect way to end a crazy year, and usher in more craziness to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

La ra, mungisi ra ko. This entry is very good. It magnifies my feelings that NYE doesn't need to be spent partying. I felt a bit weird that ours was an intimate family time, but when you think about it, it's kinda a good way too :)

Anonymous said...

Hallooo Neneng!!!! Lotsa greasy coconut oil love from Boracay! :D

JZ said...

K--I'm glad I made you smile. Lahi ra gyud ning mag-mellow out ta no? :-)

Chang--I tried calling your cellphone but I don't think you brought it with you. Enjoy Boracay!