12 March 2009

The Ghost of Mr. Francis Magalona

I don't really give much thought about paranormal occurences, but I believe I just had one. In the wee hours on Sunday the 8th, after nursing my lovely Cameron, I sat in bed wide awake. Out of nowhere, Francis Magalona popped into my head. I was thinking about his cute smile, trying to remember if he had dimples or not. Then I started singing his songs in my head:

Ma-ma-ma-mga kababayan...
Mga kababayan ko/dapat lang malaman nyo/
bilib ako sa kulay ko/ako ay Pilipino...

Kung may itim o may puti/meron namang kayumanggi/
isipin mo na kaya mong/abutin ang iyong minimithi...

Then there's The Man from Manila and also Kaleidoscope World. I just started singing them. I reminisced about the first concert I had ever seen when he visited CDO. Then I went back to sleep, Mga Kababayan still playing in my head.

Two days later, I happened to visit the Inquirer website and guess what headline greeted me: FRANCIS M. PASSED AWAY! On the 6th! Goosebumps! Did I just get a visit from Kiko? Why? Was it because growing up I was such a huge fan of his? Whatever the case, I'm still creeped out. And the song hasn't stopped playing.

No comments: